Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A little ill...


Hi All! How are you? Doing OK here. This last Saturday, I decided to head out in the garage after work around 3pm and ride the trainer for 60-minutes. I opened the garage door, opened the side garage door, and turned on the large fan that I place directly in front of me to keep the sweat down. Normally this is a great setup, and it's always served me well over the summer. But, the weather Saturday was definitely on the chilly side, although after fifteen minutes on the bike, I wasn't feeling cold at all.

About thirty minutes in to my workout, my wife came out from the house, and the first thing she said was, "It's freezing out here! Why do you have that fan on when it's so cold outside?" I informed her that I wasn't cold, and that the fan actually felt pretty good. Well...an hour after I finished my workout, and as I was standing in the shower, I began to cough. Sick! I always get sick this time of year, it's the craziest thing!

So, I took the following three days of the bike, and today decided to get back on the trainer, (minus the big fan), and ride at a good endurance pace for 60-minutes. It felt good, and I'm hoping it won't affect this slight cold I have, because I prefer to keep it that way, and not get another case of Bronchitis as I did two years ago, when I thought it was OK to train hard through a cold. BIG mistake!

Hope all is well out there, until next time...

No comments: