Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The best laid plans...


Good morning everyone! Well, I'm still in San Marcos today. Yes, the wife and I are suppose to be in Lake Havasu, but she came down with a nasty cold, and we had to cancel. We cancelled largely due to the fact the friends we were visiting had a bit of a scare this last Summer when the husband came down with Valley Fever, which hits the lungs hard, and we were fearful that he could catch my wife's cold, and that's obviously the last thing he needs!

So, what to do? Make the best of it! While the wife slept in yesterday, I got out on the bike for almost four good hours, and today plan on another five or so hours, riding up De Luz Canyon to Temecula, then back home. Tomorrow, there's a lot of rain in the forecast, so I'll more then likely hit the trainer or the gym. After this week, I'll be getting back on the rigid training schedule that John Bailey set up for me to prepare for the Death Valley Stage Race. It worked well for that, so I'm hoping it will for Boulevard!

Hope all is well, until next time...

No comments: