Monday, December 13, 2010

Feelin' better...


Hi All! Well, it's been exactly fourteen days since I had the first symptoms of this head cold. The good news is I'm feeling much better. I never actually felt bad this whole time, just an annoying cough and a daily Nyquil hangover!

This past weekend was good. I worked at the cafe Saturday, took care of some business afterwards, then Sunday I was able to get out on the bike for about 4-1/2 hours, and 70-miles. Rode with my friend Eric Lloyd of SDBC, from my house, in to Escondido, up Highland Valley Road, to Highway 67, then down Scripps Poway Parkway, to Rancho Santa Fe, and home. Nice steady pace the whole way. 90-degree heat if you can believe it! It felt great to be out turning the pedals again!

It's back to work this week, which means some time in the gym and on the trainer. Next weekend will be all about logging some serious time in the saddle. I need to drop a few pounds and build back some endurance. January I plan on beginning to introduce some intensity back in to the program. After all, Boulevard's just around the corner!

I still haven't started any Christmas shopping! Not too worried, my list of people to buy for is pretty short, so I'm confident I'll be ready in time for the big day! Hope all is well! Until next time...

No comments: