Monday, November 1, 2010

Storm the Beach...


Hi All! How's it going out there? Good here. Well, to sum everything up...I'm still waiting the results of my race out in Death Valley! The training, or I really should say, riding, is still happening. I've just been staying on the bike to keep a level of fitness, definitely not to prepare for any events, or try and keep the high level of fitness I achieved late in the season. In fact, none of my rides have been much over a couple of hours at a time.

November 13th, I do plan on racing in one more event for the year, the Santiago Canyon TT. Tradionally, I've almost always finished off my season with this event, and usually have actually kept the trraining up so I'd be ready for at least a top five finish, but this year, after all the high intensity, disciplined training Bailey had me doing in order to prepare for my last couple of races, I'm just not that motivated to really keep pushing for this TT, in fact, I wouldn't even be racing it if it wasn't for the fact my wife and goddaughter were making the trip up north to watch me hurt myself!

Yesterday, I made the trip up to Camp Pendleton to watch the "Storm the Beach" cyclocross race, sponspored this year by none other then Bailey Bikes! The field was stacked to say the least! Chris Horner, Sid Taberlay, Brent Prenzlow, and the Bailey boys to name a few. It was some great racing action, kind of predictable as far as the results were concerned, (Horner 1st, Taberlay 2nd, Prenzlow 3rd, Behrens 4th, and Bailey 5th), but still a great place to go watch some cross action!

Hope all is well out there, here are some photos, and I'll talk to you soon! Until next time...

No comments: