Monday, November 8, 2010

Pin it on...


Hi All! How's it going? Sorry, nothing new and exciting to report in this post. Work has been going well, slow, but going. The riding has been about the same as well. I'm still waiting for the results of the Death Valley Stage Race! I really don't know what's taking the promoter so long to post the results of a field of thirty riders total! Ahhhhh!

This last weekend was good. Saturday morning I loaded the bike in the car, planning on riding home from Mission Bay Park, where the wife and I went down to watch our good friend compete in a Cross Country meet for Palomar College. It was the first time I've ever watched a running meet, and it really was an exciting event! Running, in my opinion, has to be the "purest" of all aports out there. Think about it...all that's required are a shorts and a pair of shoes! Maybe it's just due to the fact that I compete in an endurance sport myself, but I really appreciated watching the runners laying it out there that day.

Sunday, I met a good training partner of mine, Mark, doown in Rancho San Diego, and we hit the hills and rode the Great Western Loop. Great day of riding...42 miles, 3800ft of climbing, and 1500 calories. The legs felt better then ever, another sign that all the hard training Bailey had me doing to get ready for the DV Stage Race, is still paying off even a month later!

This coming Saturday, I'll be racing in the Santiago Canyon Time Trial. This WILL be my last race of the season! I don't mean to sound like I'm tired of competing, I'm actually getting more excited and anxious as the week goes by, and can't wait to pin on another number and lay it all out there! Don't worry, I'll have the race results the same day! LOL!

Hope all is well! Until next time...

No comments: