Sunday, January 2, 2011

Feelin' good...


Hi All! How ya doing? Things are good here, a little hectic, but good. Well, the holidays are official over, and I must say, I'm glad. It's not that I don't like them, I do, but when all the hustle and bustle is over, it's nice to get back to a little normalcy, peace, and quiet.

This last week marked the end of my of base training, and I'm feeling ready to get back to a set training schedule that includes some intensity, ie...intervals, tempo rides, endurance rides, etc. Boulevard is coming up in just a little over a months time (February 5th), and I'd like to be more fit then I've been in the past.

This last weekend I managed to get in a really solid base training ride Saturday, by myself, 5-1/2 hours, 91-miles, 6000ft, and 2800 calories. I was whipped when I got home! Actually, I felt pretty good for about an hour after getting home, but started feeling really fatigued shortly after that. The wife, roommate, and myself headed out to Famous Dave's Legendary Pit BBQ to put on the feedbag, and boy did it taste great! Of course, after logging almost six hours in the saddle, anything does!

Today I logged 2-1/2 hours of moderate-to-hard riding, the last 2-hours with
John Bailey and his pro mountain biker friend, so there was some good work being done in that ride!

Hope all is well with everyone, until next time...

No comments: