Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back at it...


Hi All! Well, this week kicked off the first official week of training with some structure. Tired, tired, tired, that's the best way I can describe how I felt, at least on Friday. Monday was the prescribed day off, then it's six days on the bike in doing some kind of workout. Tuesday was 2x20 ftp intervals on the trainer. Wednesday, a 1:15 tempo ride. Thursday, a 2-1/2 hour endurance ride. At work Friday my legs were literally locking up as I walked around. Just tight, and feelin' like two lead weights! Friday thankfully, is recovery ride day, so I hopped on the trainer for 30-minutes of easy spinning. The weekend, well that was not so easy...

Saturday, I rode down to Nytro early to meet up with the Swamis Ride. Thurlow Rogers and his Amgen crew were there, along with Karl Bodine, so I knew this particular morning would be especially brutal. To make this short, I pulled up to the church in Escondido about a minute behind the lead group, not bad, I was happy. From there, I branched off and rode another 3-1/2 hours through Poway, RB, PQ, Del Mar, and on up the coast to Carlsbad for a coffee and bagel break, then home. 91-miles in 5:15 with a 17.5 avg.

Today I drove down to Mira Mesa to meet up with the SDBC 3-4-5 team. The route was up Scripps Poway Parkway to Highway 67, down Highland Valley Road, and back to Mira Mesa via Pomerado Road. 51-miles. A great day in the saddle, and it was good to see some old teammates. Great group of guys who appear to be a force to reckon with this season!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Until next time...

No comments: