Saturday, March 28, 2009

Doing what I can...

Hi All,
I'm more then halfway through with my 12-day work stint! A couple of things I've realized from this. 1) Working everyday really isn't all that hard. As a matter of fact, I'd work far more days if it wouldn't cost me losing an employee. 2) With daylight savings time, it's possible to work everyday and still train, although it's difficult to log some serious miles.

My current training schedule during this work period has been to ride every other day for 90-minutes, moderate-to-hard intensity, attacking every hill I come across on a 30-mile loop I've designed for myself. My goal is to just keep the level of fitness I've achieved after my bout with the back injury and bronchitis I suffered over most of December and January. Throw crashing at the Tour of Murrieta in on top of that, and my performance at the upcoming Omnium stage race will be questionable.

Although the Omnium was originally an "A" race for me, I have to give it a little less priority in the grand scheme of things now, and just hope for the best. My plan, (now that I'm not racing crits anymore), is to kill it in the TT and RR, and accumulate enough points in those two events to place high overall without even racing the crit. We'll see!

More importantly, my focus as shifted to the Devil's Punchbowl RR on April 18th, and the San Luis Rey RR on May 3rd. I'm not sure I'll be in top form for Punchbowl, but should be by San Luis. As soon as the Omnium is over it's back to logging some seriously long miles in the saddle with large amounts of climbing and interval work.

I still have yet to race a TT this season, which makes the Omnium's TT even that much more iffy! There's times when I wished I would of skipped the Bulldog RR, and instead opted to race the Santiago Canyon TT just to have a TT in my legs, but trade my only top ten road finish this year, I THINK NOT!!!

We'll that's bout it for now. Until next time...

No comments: