Monday, February 28, 2011

Skip it...


Good morning Everyone! How was your weekend? Did you get a chance to go play in the snow? There was definitely an unusual weather pattern here in San Diego this Saturday, which made for some beautiful mountain scenery yesterday. Speaking of yesterday...

I was signed up to race the Peninsula Clif Climb up in Rancho Palos Verdes, the same race I did last month. I really enjoyed the event, but given the fact that I hadn't been training all that much, or that hard lately, I decided to pull the plug and skip it. Here's my theory on races, especially races that are only 2-hours away, and 20-minutes in length.

If your heart's not in it, not necessarily to win it as the old saying goes, but at least to be competitive at some level, then don't sign up. I decided Saturday night that my heart just wasn't in it. Instead, I decided that what I really wanted to do was just get out on the road for at least a good 4-hours, and just ride. That's exactly what I did.

4-hours, 68-miles, 2000-calories, and 4000-ft of climbing. I still managed to get in the saddle six days last week, although five of them were on the trainer! Ugh! This week...I'm actually going to pull the TT bike out of the garage and attempt to get comfortable on it in preparation for the Santiago Canyon TT March 12th.

Hope all is well with everyone! Until next time...

No comments: