Friday, March 19, 2010

Still The Best...


















Hi All! Just wanted to give a quick review of the new Oakley Jawbones that I received earlier in the week. I mentioned in my last post that I've also used Oakley Pro M-Frames over the last ten years, and have had few if any complaints. As a matter of fact, there's only two I can think of off hand.

Near the rear of the frames, where the ear socks are located, the frames sometimes would tend to dig in to the back of my head. This problem was really only noticeable on long rides, (4+hrs). The other issue I had was with the lenses always popping out of the frame as I cleaned them. Minor issues, but...

So, when Oakley came out with the new Jawbones, I was intrigued. I'm a person who values function over fashion any day of the week. This isn't to say that the Jawbones aren't great looking glasses. In fact, I prefer their look over the M-Frames. But when you start talking about function, the Jawbones are king! I'm not going to get in to why, there are already a ton of video reviews on how the Jawbones work, but I will say, although they are pricey, they're worth it!

In typical Oakley fashion, the quality is leaps and bounds over their competitors. You can just feel it when you pick them up. They do feel slightly heavier then the M-Frames, but what's amazing is that when you put the Jawbones on, they practically disappear! I haven't ridden beyond the 4-hour mark with them yet, but I was our for 3-hours with them yesterday, and absolutely no complaints. Not only are they comfortable, but you can customize their appearance, which I did to match the Bailey kit. They come with a beautiful hard-shell carrying case, an extra set of lenses of your choice, and of course the bag to store them and clean the lenses with. Still the best! Hope all is well! Until next time...

No comments: