Sunday, March 14, 2010

It Must Be Sunday...


Hi All! So you may or may not have noticed, that I've been trying to update this blog on a regular basis, and for the most part, that means every Sunday.

On a separate note...DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're an athlete, you get it!!!

Not much to report. No racing this week. Training as usual, but a little less, and at lower intensity. I'm convinced that when I have this much ""off time" between races, it's probably not the best idea to keep training at all out effort. I'm worried that come race day I'll just be more tired then anything, or possibly run the risk off burning out way to early in the season!

Looking at the race calendar, I've noticed that April and May are going to be heavy months for me as far as racing is concerned. I begin next month with another run up at the Santiago Canyon TT, followed the next weekend with the Omnium, followed the next weekend with the De Vlees Huis Ronde RR , followed the next weekend with the Devil's Punchbowl RR, followed the next weekend with the San Luis Rey RR, followed the next weekend with the Fort Irwin RR, and then finally a three week break until the State RR Championships!!! All these races, with the exception of the Santiago Canyon TT, are "A" races for me, meaning that they are of the highest priority as far as results are concerned. Anyone out there care to join me in these races???

Now I know it's highly unrealistic to expect that I could peak for all those races seeing as how they are back-to-back, but since I no longer am racing crits, my calendar has slimmed down quite a bit, so I don't want to miss any opportunities I have to get some racing in. And I figure, I really want to be peaking for the State Championships, so all that racing leading up to it, followed by three weeks of no racing just prior to it, is perfectly timed.

On an exciting note, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of some new Oakley Jawbones that I ordered earlier in the week! I have high hopes for the performance of these glasses after all the great reviews I've read on them. I did try on a pair a few weeks back and found them to be extremely comfortable. The ease of lens changes is really the selling point for me. I've worn Oakley M-Frames for years, and have loved them, but occasionally have been frustrated with the lens' coming undone from the frame at inconvenient times, and the frame itself digging in to the back of my head, which isn't a big deal, but on rides exceeding 4 hours, it becomes much more noticeable. Apparently Oakley has fixed both these problem with the Jawbones. I even had them custom designed to go with the colors of the Bailey kit! Sweet! Can't wait, hope to see them tomorrow. I'll post my own review after using them for awhile.

Hope all is well out there! Until next time...

No comments: