Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kickin it!!!





Hi All! How ya'll doing? Good I hope. Just finished a little work at the restaurant and decided to sit down here at the computer and fill you in on the weekend. Had another excellent week of training and racing!

Raced the Santiago Canyon TT yesterday, and boy was it fast! I had hopes of riding a Bailey TT bike that I'm currently borrowing, but after spending close to an hour Thursday night in Bailey's garage, we just weren't able to get it dialed in properly. I decided to race anyway with my road bike. I figured since the first four miles of the course were climb, and the rest isn't pancake flat by any means, the road bike would work just fine. Also, I was expecting rain, and I feel more confident riding on my road bike then a TT bike when the streets are wet. The race went off without a hitch, not a drop of rain on the course, but one heck of a tailwind, which provided me a new PR for the race. 28 minutes 04 seconds for the 11-mile canyon run! That was good enough for 7th place in my category. No complaints for the first TT of the season, and especially since I ran it on a road bike with a 12-25 cog in the rear! Sure could of used an 11!!! And a BIG thanks to John Bailey for hookin' me up with a skinsuit, I'm sure it had to help!

Managed to get out for three hours today with Bailey out to the coast and down to Torrey Pines. Miserable, wet, windy, and cold conditions, but hey, it's gotta make you tougher right? Right???

Anyways, just registered for a brand new road race on the calendar up in Bakersfield April 18th. The De Vlees Huis Ronde; A Road Race for the Strong!!! A thirty-mile loop we'll be racing around two times. A European-style road course with an uphill finish. Right up my alley. Looking forward to it. But before that, the next race on my calendar will again be the Santiago Canyon TT, followed by the Omnium TT and RR.

Hope all is well with you all! Until next time...

No comments: