Sunday, February 14, 2010

Progress...


Hi All! Happy Valentine's Day! Hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far. Those of us who are blessed enough to call Southern California home sure are "livin the dream" these past few days. The weather here has been nothing short of spectacular! I sure hope anybody living in other parts of the nation, especially on the east coast, isn't reading this, (I'm pretty sure they're not!). I don't want to rub it in, but c'mon! Eighty degrees today on my ride through the hills of Valley Center! Eighty degrees in February!!!

Progress...that's the feeling I've been having lately on the way my fitness and form has been coming along so far. I believe it really paid dividends to have taken the time off the bike back in December when I came down with my usual December cold, rather then try and push through it like I did back in 08'. It's so much easier to come back after only two weeks off the bike, as opposed to seven. I feel as though I'm right on track, and Boulevard was proof of that. Granted 29th wasn't the result I was hoping for, but that was more a result of needing to work on positioning in the pack, as opposed to not being able to stay with the pack or the lead group.

Today ended another solid three-day training block. Ten hours, and 169 miles. Friday a good ride down to Del Mar and back, steady pace with a few hard efforts. Saturday, the Swamis ride, followed up with some extra miles down the coast, up Torrey Pines, and back to my friend Mark's house in Carmel Valley. Don't need to tell you the pace of that ride for those who've been on it! Today, fifty-one miles through the hills of Valley Center, with some good solid tempo climbing.

Still contemplating heading out to Imperial next Saturday to race in the Imperial Classic. I know I said I was through with crits, but I did race this track back in 08' and have fond memories of the day. A fairly safe course, as crits go, and a large group of SDBC riders make the long drive out to race this one. Might be fun to partner up with them, and play a little. We'll see. That's all for now. Until next time...

No comments: