Sunday, November 29, 2009

Zen...


Hi All! How's everyone out there doing? Great I hope! Well it's happened. The mountain bike shoes finally arrived last week! I've since been able to get out on about four rides with proper shoes. What a difference! I had planned on getting out today for a good 2-3 hour epic ride in the dirt, but a cold front blew in yesterday and San Diego actually received a fair amount of rain! As it turns out, I spent Friday washing and cleaning the heck out of the mountain bike, so I had no desire to take it out in what was sure to be some muddy trails today. I know, I know, it's a mountain bike, but there's a big difference between cleaning dirt and dust off a bike as opposed to mud!

The four rides I have gotten out on have all been in Discovery Hills behind my house. What a great place to get a quick ride in! There are miles and miles of trails up there, with quite a few good single tracks. As funny as this sounds, as soon as the trails dry up, it may be awhile before I get out on my road bike again. It's a really nice change to get out away from the cars and traffic and just surround yourself with nature all while getting a heck of a good workout. Really peaceful and zen-like. I've also been checking out quite a few videos of XC mountain bike races on the internet, and I have to tell you, it looks fun as hell! The idea of a race that starts in a sprint followed by a time trial just might be right up my alley. Time will tell! Until next time...

No comments: