Sunday, November 15, 2009

Feeling tired...


Hi All! Just arrived back home from another great dinner at the in-laws, followed by a delicious chocolate mousse made by yours truly! The dinner capped off a great weekend on the bike, not the new mountain bike unfortunately, but the road bike. Rode 76 miles yesterday partly with the Swami's ride up Lake Wohlford, then the rest of the way with a good friend of mine back through Valley Center, then out to the coast via Del Mar, and eventually home to good ol' San Marcos. Today's little jaunt was with another couple of friends, starting in Carmel Valley and heading up in to Ramona via Highland Valley Road, then back down Scripps Poway Parkway, and returning to Carmel Valley via the 56 bike path. 56 solid miles in the books, and my legs feel like rubber! Tomorrow is spinning on a stationary bike, followed by some core work

Still no ride on the new-to-me mountain bike! My shoes were put on back order, so I wait! I'm just fortunate that I have a great road or TT bike to fall back on. Still really looking forward to hitting the dirt and changing the pace up a little. I think a break from the "road" scene is what the doctor is ordering. I've been doing some trail research on "Mountain Bike Bill's" website recently. What an awesome tool that is to find some great local, and some not-so-local trails to ride in So. Cal. I'm getting excited just thinking about it! Hope everyone else had a great weekend. Until next time...

No comments: