Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jelly Beans




Hi All. How's everything going? It's been an interesting week. Work as been going smoothly as far as the operation aspect of the restaurant is concerned, but we could definitely use more business. This economy is no joke. School is going good. Ended up dropping two of the three classes I enrolled in. I figure enroll in as many as you think you can handle, then adjust from there. With the way the business is going, my focus needs to be on the cafe. On to the bike...The Jelly Belly Pro Cycling Team arrived in town this Monday for their annual training camp. They stay at a resort not far from my house, and right across the street from our cafe. I contacted the team director, who as it turns out, is a really nice guy. Anyway, I offered them a "deal on meals", and received some swag and on offer to go for a ride with the team! Really cool!!! More on that later. This Saturday kicks off my racing season...Boulevard!!! The race of pain! My fitness isn't where it needs to be to be competitive, but I'm telling myself to go in with the right attitude, and let the chips fall where they may. I've been enjoying being back on the bike though:) I'll provide a race report if I live through it! Until next time...

No comments: