Monday, February 16, 2009

Down again...

Hi All. Writing from the desk on a cold, windy, and rainy day here in the North County. Everything is going OK right now in life. The cafe has had a busy week, which is a HUGE plus with the way the economy has been going. I've been busy designing a blog page for the restaurant which you can visit at http://leannslsmcafe.blogspot.com. It's a work-in-progress so bear with me. School is going good. I ended up dropping a second class and am now down to just one. I decided the cafe is where my primary focus needs to be right now. No job = no school, no racing = no bueno! On the bike front...Was recently getting back to some good training and could feel the fitness coming back. Was gearing up to head out to Pearblossom this last Saturday for the UCLA RR, that is until I ran in to a problem with my bike. I was out on a training ride Friday, just a short opener to get the legs cleared out before the race, when I decided to stop by the in-laws house in Elfin Forest. As I was getting ready to leave, I grabbed my seat post to swing the bike around and noticed it was moving inside the frame! NOT GOOD! As it turns out, the aluminum insert designed to slide the seat post in, and slide the seat post clamp over to tighten it down, was coming loose from the carbon itself. Needless to say, I rode the remaining 12 miles home mostly out of the saddle! I spoke with John Bailey (the frame's designer), and he's hooking me up with an 09' frame asap. I have no complaints with the bike, and realize these bikes haven't been out that long, so there's going to be bugs to work out. The bike was an awesome ride, and I wouldn't want another brand. Besides, I rather support someone local who's doing their own thing, rather then a large corporate company who probably wouldn't offer the same personal service if something was to go wrong with their equipment. Anyway, looking forward to the new ride, and definitely recommend Bailey Bikes for anyone in the market looking for an awesome full-carbon ride! Until next time...

No comments: