Friday, January 13, 2012

schedule...


Hi All!

Here's my tentative race schedule for 2012 so far...

* 3/17: Santiago Canyon TT
* 4/8: Vless Huis Ronde RR
* 4/28: Devil's Punchbowl RR
* 5/5: Breathless Agony
* 6/2: Masters State RR Championships
* 6/3: Elite State RR Championships
* 8/25-26: Mt. Whitney SR
* 9/22-23: The Everest Challenge SR

You probably noticed that there are some regular one-day RR's in there. I've decided that if I do skip all of those, I'm not going to be racing very much again, so I'll use those as good, high-intensity training that I otherwise would not be able to duplicate on any training ride. I specifically picked Vless Huis, Punchbowl, and States, because the courses are fairly safe.

I do plan on racing as many of the Santiago Canyon TT's as possible, (there's typically 4 a year), but they've only listed the March race so far. Boulevard is approaching February 4th, but after competing in that race for the last five years, and even though it was the first event I ever competed in, as of now I plan on skipping it. The back half of the course is always a bit sketchy, and I don't want to chance any risk of crashing out and setting my training back for the "A" races on my calendar.

That's it for now, I hope all is well. Until next time...

No comments: