Monday, September 7, 2009

Yo...


Hello All! How's everything going out there? Not a lot new to report here. Work is work. We could be busier, wish we were, but who doesn't these days! I've been training my a#$ off for the last two months trying to be prepared for the Mt. Charleston Hill Climb coming up September 19th. Unfortunately I was training a little too hard and paid the price for it.

Two Fridays ago, I attended my nephew and niece's "End of Summer" party at their pre-school, and woke up Saturday morning with a cold. Imagine that! Well, like the fool I tend to be when it comes to not listening to my body, I went out with the team Saturday for a hard training ride throughout the hills of San Diego county. Needless to say, I awoke Sunday morning with a bad pinched nerve in the left side of my neck, which affected the entire left side of my upper body. Couple that with the cold I already had, and what do you get? A forced time off the bike:( I ended up taking one week completely off the pedals, which I realized after riding both days this last weekend, didn't really set me back at all. In fact, I felt really strong on the bike. Maybe a little rest isn't such a bad thing after all!

Hope all is well for everyone out there, keep your heads up, work hard, and play harder. Until next time...

No comments: