Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Magic...


Hello All! Have you ever had one of those moments on the bike where there just seems to be "magic" in the air. I LOVE to ride my bike. I don't ride just to get in to shape for an upcoming race, or because it's a social outlet for me. Training partners aren't required for me to enjoy a ride, sometimes they help motivate, but in the end I'm just happy I'm able to get out and pedal. I regress.

Today after work, I hopped on the bike to get a quick 1-1/2 hours of recovery after Sunday's 90-miler through the hills of San Diego County. As I rode down the Coast Highway, I just had this sense of everything being "perfect". The temperature, the ocean water, the sights, sounds, smells, everything. And I was enjoying all this, the only, and best way possible, from the seat of a bike. I wasn't hammering the pedals, which in its own way is extremely enjoyable, but just cruising down the highway, taking it all in. This is why I ride, moments like these. Be safe y'all. Until next time...

No comments: