Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ramblings

Hi All. Nothing really new and exciting to tell you about today. I'm three weeks into my English 202, Advanced Literature class so far, and I'm loving it. Although I must admit, it is a bit more difficult then I thought it was going to be. The teacher tells us there are no wrong answers in a class like this, but it sure seems as if I'm finding them! Work is work. I have been extremely unmotivated to go to work lately, more so then ever. It's not the restaurant business as a whole that's bothering me, it's the environment within my restaurant that's bothering me. I'm not speaking of the customers when I say this. I've been running the restaurant for a little over six years now, and in doing this I've learned to appreciate working for myself so to speak. What I've learned to dislike very much over these last six years is having people work for me. It's a never ending theatre of drama!!! Rarely is everyone getting along and just taking care of business, leaving their problems at the door. I've been racking my brain lately try to come up with an alternative to working in a restaurant. This frustration is the driving force behind me returning to school after all these years. In the meantime, if I could find an occupation that paid the same or more then I'm currently earning (that wouldn't be alot), I'd find someone else to "tend the shop", and I'd be on to a new challenge. Time will tell. Meanwhile, on the biking front. Nothing new to report, I'm actually having a little difficulty adjusting to not having to train for a race that's right around the corner. I do plan on competing in two more TT's (Santiago Canyon), and I figure I'll pull out the ol' TT bike a couple of weeks prior to those races to get familiar with it again, but right now, I'm forcing myself to relax, and enjoy some long, slow rides. I'm even having trouble trying to allow myself to indulge in some foods that I've been denying myself most of the season! I know, a rough struggle, poor me!!!! Until next time.....

No comments: