Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday.....

Finally!!! I've figured out what I want to be when I grow up. It's not something completely new. I toyed around with this idea about a year ago, but was turned off to it by the amount of schooling it involved, and I couldn't see myself waiting that long to begin working in a new career. What you ask? A librarian. I know, that sounds a little soft for a male, but it actually encompasses everything I like, well almost everything. I love to read, I love books, I like a nice peaceful environment, and enjoy researching and helping people. As I was searching the internet a few days ago looking for a career for my sister, I somehow stumbled across a link that involved library technicians. What's that I asked? Apparently it's a job in a library that works under a librarian, and only involves earning an associates degree to begin work. And Palomar College offers that. Perfect! And from there one may advance to a librarian and obviously more money if so desired. That's all the rant on the school side of life. On to more great news. I've been waiting around three weeks now to see where I placed within my category at the Mt. Charleston Hill Climb. I knew I finished 46th overall, but was much more interested in where I finished in "my" race. My goal going into the race was a top-ten finish. Last season I managed to finish 24th in Cat 4, so I was setting my sights higher this year. Well as it turned out I did............6th place!!! I guess all that ass-busting Palomar Mountain repeat work paid off. Fortunately for me I enjoy training almost, well maybe just as much as racing itself. I'm thankful for that, otherwise who knows how long I'd keep this up. Off topic, but interesting. I'm on a training ride this last Sunday heading down the 56 bike path towards the ocean when who do I spot heading up the opposite way moving very fast with a bobbing head.....none other then Thurlow "Turbo" Rogers! Had to do a double take on that one. First, what is Thurlow doing this far South on a training ride? Second, what's he doing blasting up a public bike path of all places? Who knows??? That's all, until next time.....

No comments: