Monday, September 27, 2010

R&R...


Hi All! Was today hot enough for you? Just thought I should start with that seeing as how today, was one of, if not, the hottest day of the year so far.

I wish I had some great training story to tell, you. Something along the lines of an incredible day climbing Palomar or some other big climb here in San Diego. Or possibly a good 100+ mile ride, full of some good tempo, but to be honest, I've been taking last week's prescribed "rest week", and extending it a bit further then I probably should!

The reason for that has really been a combination of things. First, as I metioned, last week was a scheduled "rest week", and early in to it, I was having difficulty actually resting, and not out training. When Friday rolled around, I decided I had enough rest, and I was itching to sweat. I hooked the bike up to the trainer, and got a nice 60-minute tempo ride in.

Saturday, I threw on the Bailey kit, and rolled out of the driveway, for a nice, fast paced tempo ride out to the coast, via Del Dios Highway and Rancho Santa Fe. I opted out of heading inland, because Saturday was the first day of the heat wave that we're currently experiencing here in San Diego. Did I mention that it was 105 here in San Marcos today!!!

Sunday I was suppose to get back out on the road for a good 2-3 hours, but after working all week, and a portion of Saturday and Sunday, and the increasing heat, I decided to give Mom a call, and go golfing! I don't know if I've told you, but prior to my bike racing career, I was an Assistant Golf Professinal here in San Marcos. Occasionally I get the itch to play again, so when that happens I scratch it. It also helps remind me that I still far prefer cycling over golf. It's not that golf isn't fun, it is, in a different way, but it doesn't hold a candle to the pleasure that cycling offers. Just my opinion.

Today was the usual work day, followed by the usual day off the bike, and the usual core workout. Tomorrow, FTP intervals on the trainer, and more trainer workouts through Thursday. Back on track with the big climbing days this coming weekend.

Hope all is well. Until next time...

No comments: