Sunday, May 24, 2009

A change is gonna come...

Hello All. Writing to you from beautiful, sunny San Diego! Man what a nice day! Got out on the bike today for a good 3.5hrs, moderate-to-high intensity, just trying to clear the legs out some after yesterday's State Time Trial Championships. 40k, in the high desert, my goal, break an hour. This was my first 40k time trial so I had no idea on how to pace myself, so I played it smart and rode within myself for almost the entire distance. 55:20 is the time I ran, so the goal was met. Next season, a 54:00 flat. I'm finding out that any race with a "championship" designation really brings out the big guns. I had a vision of cracking in to the top ten, but even running a 55:20 only netted me 28th! Next race on the calendar, the State Road Race Championship. This race is an "A" race all the way for me, and I'm hoping the form I had out at San Luis Rey is still there come June 7th. As for the change is gonna come title of this blog, more on that when it happens. Until next time...

No comments: