Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Down Time

I'm not a good patient. As it turns out, I injured my back at my last race, the Santiago Canyon TT, November 8th. Something in my right-side, lower back area, almost feels like a pinched nerve or a strained muscle. I kept on riding regardless of the pain because it didn't seem to bother me that much on the bike, but afterwards the pain and stiffness would set in. So I've decided to take a full week off the bike beginning this last Sunday, and today was the first day that I didn't work or ride and it already has started to improve. On a good note, I finished 6th out of some twenty odd competitors, and had a new PR of 28:47, beating my old PR by ten seconds. Great way to end the season! It's not only the bike I've taken time off from, but my diet also. Let's just say, I've been enjoying myself:) But ultimately I don't enjoy "forced time off", but I did plan on taking a full week off the bike sometime this month, but it just wasn't happening, so I guess this is someones way of forcing me to! I enrolled in the Library Technology program, classes begin this January. I'm excited to be taking something else in college besides general education classes! Until next time.....

No comments: