Tuesday, August 12, 2008

IT'S OVER!!!

Hi All. Well the dreaded Speech class is over for me! Actually, the class officially ends this Wednesday, which is the night I was suppose to present my final speech, the persausive speech, but I was able to present last night, going last with a room full of six people. I really don't know if that made it any easier, but I was able to get it over with:) Next up, Spanish and English!!! I noticed in my last post I mentioned that Aliso Viejo was the next race for me. Well obviously that race and come and gone, and not too soon! Aliso result = DNF. First DNF I've ever had, and hopefully the last. Ended up getting such as bad side-stitch cramp that I couldn't go on. I could give a full race report, but let's just say I was not prepared to race a race that brutal after having not raced for five weeks prior, and in those five weeks, not really exposing myself to any high-intensity training. Needless to say, after my Aliso experience it was back to hitting the training hard which resulted in me riding REALLY strong, but stupid at San Marcos. I've decided that when the legs feel as good as they did at San Marcos this is when I either need to attack and try and get away, or sit in near the front and see what happens in a field sprint. I really don't think I possess a very competitive sprint, so I'm leaning towards the attack theory. Next race on the calendar, Ontario #5. I'll be racing two races that day, Masters 30+ 4/5, and the Cat 4/5. I plan on trying two different strategies that day. In the Masters race, I'm going to try and attack halfway through and see if I can stay away. Then in the 4/5 race, sit in near the front and wait for the sprint. But it's the week after Ontario that I'm really focusing on. The Mt. Charleston Hill Climb. For those of you that don't know, I LOVE to climb. This race delivers that. 17.5 miles of all climb, from 3300 some odd feet, to 8600 some odd feet. Great race, did it last year as a Cat 5 and placed 24th out of a hundred I believe. The goal for this year is a top ten. We'll see what happens. Well, off to work for know, until next time................

No comments: